Tips for the best burn & longevity of your candle

Always follow instructions printed on the label. Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not properly used.

 First Burn

  • Before lighting trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch or 5mm
  • Light the wick and let your candle burn until the entire top is melted and reaches the edges of the jar. A general rule is 1 inch diameter melt pool for every 1 hour burning. A minimum of 3 hours will achieve this melt pool. This will prolong the life of your soy candle and set a “memory” in the wax to prevent any tunneling



Candle Care

  • Never leave an open flame unattended
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Do not burn your candle more than 4 hours at a time – longer burns can lead to the wick creating a ‘mushroom’ or excess carbon build up which can cause smoke and soot
  • Always trim your wick before every burn to 1/4 of an inch
  • Do not blow out your candle, use a candle snuffer or place the lid back on to extinguish the flame
  • You may notice your soy candle top has a flakey or rough appearance after being burned. This is completely normal and is a sign of pure soy wax
  • Discontinue use when ¼ of an inch of wax remains.


How to re-purpose your candle jar

  • Your candle has reached its end of life when there is ¼ inch of wax remaining
  • To remove wax simply fill a shallow bowl or your sink with an inch of warm water, let your jar soak and let wax warm and lift from the sides of the jar
  • Remove from bowl of water or sink and use a spoon or dull knife to gently break up the wax and remove the wick sticker at the bottom of the jar
  • Discard the soy wax in your green bin
  • Throw the wick clip (metal piece holding the wick in place at the bottom of your jar) in the garbage
  • Return jar to water with some dish soap and soak for 10-15 minutes (this will help lift the labels from the jar)
  • Wipe inside of jar with a paper towel and you now have a great storage container!